Pokémon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which metagame is your favorite?

+2
AbsolDeath
Luxormaniac
6 posters

Go down

Which Metagame is your favorite?

Which metagame is your favorite? Vote_lcap40%Which metagame is your favorite? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
Which metagame is your favorite? Vote_lcap40%Which metagame is your favorite? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
Which metagame is your favorite? Vote_lcap20%Which metagame is your favorite? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Which metagame is your favorite? Vote_lcap0%Which metagame is your favorite? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Which metagame is your favorite? Empty Which metagame is your favorite?

Post by Luxormaniac Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:01 am

Please vote whether you like Ubers, OU, UU, or LC the best and explain. You may change your vote. I'll demonstrate.

I like Ubers the best because it relies heavily on prediction, much more so than in OU. It also forces one to be creative in creating new sets for the same old Pokemon, and to an increasing extent finding new Pokemon to fill particular niches (e.g. Parasect countering Kyogre.)

Or:

I like OU the best because of the variety of Pokemon and the wide userbase. Many people play OU which really brings in the community aspect to it. I like how there are Pokemon for every niche and role and that you get to choose them and put the best ones together into a cohesive unit. I enjoy trying new things and reveling in other's discoveries.

I actually enjoy both of these metagames.

And if you vote for LC, really tell us what that is all about. Most people, myself included, really have no idea. Suspect

Luxormaniac
Learning Trainer
Learning Trainer

Number of posts : 21
Wi-Fi Gym Badges :
Which metagame is your favorite? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Which metagame is your favorite? Right_bar_bleue

Shoddy Battle Gym Badges :
Which metagame is your favorite? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Which metagame is your favorite? Right_bar_bleue

Pokémon D/P/Pt Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Which metagame is your favorite? Empty Re: Which metagame is your favorite?

Post by AbsolDeath Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:16 am

Ubers is by far my favorite metagame. I just have learned to play it and be somewhat skilled at it. The prediction is so much more costly than in OU. Sure OU you make a mispredict you don't hit or you hit less damage then you would of. Making a false move in ubers is really bad because Pokemon are always firing off crazy BP'd moves like STAB Draco Meteor. Moves like that hurt everything coming in.
AbsolDeath
AbsolDeath
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 55
Wi-Fi Gym Badges :

Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleWeezing Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:50 pm

I also enjoy Ubers, even though I just got into it a few days ago. As you both said, prediction is important, but what I like even more is that I can totally make use of my offensive playstyle and of Technitop Cool
OU is my "best" tier. Even though it's not that funny since Platin was introduced. Also I'm rather successful in OU, but that's not what makes a tier enjoyable.
I tried both UU and LC and liked LC really much, as it is extremey offensive. UU wasn't that cool, as I am unable to build UU-teams to be honest...

PurpleWeezing

Number of posts : 2
Wi-Fi Gym Badges :

Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Huntofthelion. Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:50 am

UU, Not only is it my best tier but its fun getting to use things otherwise outclassed, that in some cases have completely unique uses.

=)

Huntofthelion.

Number of posts : 2
Wi-Fi Gym Badges :

Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolDeath Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:52 am

I'm sorry but UU is probably the worst tier out of the three. >_< I've just never liked it. Razz
AbsolDeath
AbsolDeath
Admin
Admin

Wi-Fi Gym Badges :

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:35 am

I like OU since I'm alright at it and also UU. I like OU because I know like what every Pokemon does and its easy to predict what they will do. UU is pretty easy too since its like the same. I am just the worst at Ubers. Since there is a little bit of Pokemon everyone pretty much knows what your gonna do so yeah.

Luigi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 59
Wi-Fi Gym Badges :

https://pokemonacademy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Root Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:32 am

I have always liked OU. I've tried ubers but it seems so hard to win at. Seriously, like one wall gets critted, than bam, SD rayquazza sweeps. It seems so offensive...i dunno.

Then UU and LC are just bleh.
Root
Root

Number of posts : 35
Wi-Fi Gym Badges :

Which metagame is your favorite? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Which metagame is your favorite? Right_bar_bleue

Pokémon D/P/Pt Friend Code : TEAM-ISNT-DONE
Registration date : 2009-02-20

http://www.root.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolDeath Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:41 am

Haha uber's is the best. Very Happy
AbsolDeath
AbsolDeath
Admin
Admin

Wi-Fi Gym Badges :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum