Pokémon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Share an awesome pokemon set

5 posters

Go down

Share an awesome pokemon set Empty Share an awesome pokemon set

Post by Root Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:56 am

Tell us a set that you have loved and used alot. A pokemon that means something to you and you have used for a while.

For me, I love weezing. I've been using this set for about 4 months now (in OU) and haven't changed anything but the nickname. Here it is...
Share an awesome pokemon set 110
Weezing
Lefties, Bold Nature
Max HP, Max Def, 6 spc attack
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Pain Split
Will-o-wisp

You never know how good weezing is until you use it. On paper it doesn't look that great...no reliable recover, can't set up SR, Heatran can easily switch in. You would think that this is a poke meant for UU that wouldn't work in OU. But I think this is amazing. Other walls, they can counter a few certain threats and heal. But can you name a wall that counters Lucario, Scizor, Gyra, Heracross, Machamp, Breloom, and much more? Of course not. While you could say that weezing can't beat all those at once because he has no recovery, the way I see it, he doesn't need to. If I can take out just a mere 2 of those powerful physical attackers it will benifit me greatly. I run an offensive team, I don't need a wall that can heal. I need a wall that can force out a few certain threats. And you won't find him taking out more than two pokes in one game, but he can take out such deadly threats and let my sweepers finally finish off their team.
Root
Root

Number of posts : 35
Wi-Fi Gym Badges :
Share an awesome pokemon set Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Share an awesome pokemon set Right_bar_bleue

Shoddy Battle Gym Badges :
Share an awesome pokemon set Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Share an awesome pokemon set Right_bar_bleue

Pokémon D/P/Pt Friend Code : TEAM-ISNT-DONE
Registration date : 2009-02-20

http://www.root.com

Back to top Go down

Share an awesome pokemon set Empty Re: Share an awesome pokemon set

Post by ReVeRb Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:16 am

Share an awesome pokemon set 473
Mamoswine "Lead Swine"

Adamant @focus sash
max atk and speed, 6 hp
Snow Cloak

Ice Shard
Ice Fang / Blizzard
Super Power
Earthquake

This mamo will counter many common leads like gengar (it can 2HKO or even 1), Metagross (it can OHKO an offensive one, azelf, infernape (beware fakeout), ttar, jirachi, celebi, etc...I haven't found I team for him yet, but the lead is solid so feel free to try him out Smile

ReVeRb

Number of posts : 1
Wi-Fi Gym Badges :
Share an awesome pokemon set Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Share an awesome pokemon set Right_bar_bleue

Pokémon D/P/Pt Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Root Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:08 am

Looks interesting reverb. Immune it hail and SS makes it a great sasher. Jirachi's iron head flinching, meta's bullet punch, and bronzong leads could hurt it. Then fake out ape and swampert. But it looks good on all the other common leads, I might try it.
Root
Root

Wi-Fi Gym Badges :

Share an awesome pokemon set Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Share an awesome pokemon set Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxormaniac Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:37 am

Share an awesome pokemon set 385
Jirachi @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Adamant Nature
Serene Grace
-Body Slam
-Iron Head
-U-turn
-Wish

Flat out fantastic. Body Slams with a 60% of paralyzing a foe, and then uses Iron Head with a 60% of flinching for 73.33% of the foe being unable to make a move. U-turn is for when something comes you can't handle (read: HEATRAN) who you hopefully paralyzed as they switched in. Jirachi can switch out of anyone, as it isn't Pursuit weak. Wish complements U-turn fantastically for team support. This guy typically doesn't sweep, but he can cripple a Gyara or Heatran sent in. Late game, after para is widespread, he can sweep with Iron Head. Jirachi is bulky. He never dies.

Luxormaniac
Learning Trainer
Learning Trainer

Number of posts : 21
Wi-Fi Gym Badges :

Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackfire54 Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Share an awesome pokemon set 213

Shuckle @ Leftovers (Lead Obviously)
252 HP/216 Sp.Def/42 Def
Bold Nature
Sturdy
-Encore
-Rest
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic

Though it has no physical attacks and countered easily by taunt. This shuckle is no joke, it cannot be 1HKOed without a Crit or boosted attack power, thus making it one of the ultimate stealth rock set ups in my opinion. Encore is to stop set ups in their tracks by trapping them on a Calm mind or Swords Dance etc. Thus giving time to switch to a pokemon, set up and go for a early sweep when chance arises since encore lasts 5-8 turns, it comes in very handy, this is especially good against ninjask as the first turn they will substitute while you set up stealth rocks and next turn use swords dance, of which gets encored instantly. Toxic is just for crippling all pokemon bar steel types and rest is a reliable recovery since you're mainly safe in the knowledge that the opponent will be unable to kill before waking up and resting again (causing a stall kill with the toxic getting worse)

[Note its shiny.. since i love the look alot better as blue over red]
Blackfire54
Blackfire54

Number of posts : 37
Wi-Fi Gym Badges :

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolDeath Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:57 pm

Just wondering on the Shuckle set, why would you use him as a lead? Sure he's pretty darn sturdy and has access to Encore but let's say a lead like Aerodactyl and friends come out and Taunt you turn one. You're a sitting duck causing you to switch giving your opponent a free chance to set up their entry hazard (if applicable) or get a free attack/scout your team.
AbsolDeath
AbsolDeath
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 55
Wi-Fi Gym Badges :

Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackfire54 Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:36 pm

Aerodactyls and Gyarados' are extremely predictable to be able switch on their turn of using taunt.. i usually switch to Swampert then ice punch (in the case of Aero). If its an Azelf then i switch into dusknoir and 2HKO with shadow sneak and Zapdos for Gyarados... I can usually get the upper hand with my predictions, then bring in Shuckle later to SR and then be an annoyance with toxic or encore
Blackfire54
Blackfire54

Wi-Fi Gym Badges :

Back to top Go down

Post by Root Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:38 am

So your using it as bait for them to taunt allowing you to get a good switch-in in without the switch in taking any damage. O.o
Root
Root

Wi-Fi Gym Badges :

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackfire54 Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:19 pm

only on the more common, extremely predictable taunting leads (namely Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Gliscor, Azelf, Electrode, etc)
Blackfire54
Blackfire54

Wi-Fi Gym Badges :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down